8.06.2004

Last Blast Of Summer

The youngest brother is back in town for a spell. Last night Gary, Jeff, and I went out for drinks. It's been a long time since we were all in one place. Later in the evening we were pleased to meet some members of Fluid Movement who are doing a show at the Pagoda.

Anyway, this next week I'll be with the family down in the Gulf for a reunion. Apparently my paternal grandmother's brother will be there. The last remaining relative of that generation on Dad's side. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm bringing along my latest fiction purchase: McCarthy's "Outer Dark." I read his Child of God some time ago and really enjoyed it.

I also want to mention the Evan Runner "Lecture Project." I'm re-reading his extant lectures and taking notes on them. If anyone wants to join me, send me an email or leave a comment and we can compare notes.

No comments: